I had a lovely Coffee Meet;
With this friend of mine whom I hardly meet!
On a Sunday rainy evening,
I dialed his number and it went ringing.
Unplanned, unsure, unclear,
We decided, let’s meet for sure!!
Willingly or unwillingly, our homes we left,
At a Café Coffee Day, we met.
I had a lovely Coffee Meet,
With this friend of mine whom I hardly meet!
Patiently he was listening to me;
I was the usual chatterer, as pleased as I could be.
He spoke about darkness, I spoke about brightness;
We spoke about love, we spoke about hate;
We were lost into our spicy conversation,
Later, ordered coffee and again we went on and on.
I had a lovely Coffee Meet,
With this friend of mine whom I hardly meet!
Time was running and our coffee got over;
I forgot that it was time to stop and run over.
We paid, we left in a hurry,
So that I could reach home a little early.
We dint get the rickshaw, I was in a mess,
We chose to have a walk, so to take a bus.
It wasn’t late for us to have few more talk,
Later, no doubt we had a memorable walk!
For an undefined bond that we share;
We simply connect things here and there.
We smiled, laughed, and shared;
In our hearts we knew we cared.
Finally folks, I got the bus at hand;
And the tale of our Coffee ends…
We smiled, and we waved;
And were glad that we met.
I had a lovely Coffee Meet,
With this friend of mine whom I hardly meet!!
- @nj for @udz

Wow..... One of the best poems I have read on blog sites.
ReplyDeletehey thanks a lot Abhi...it was a mere co incidence that I wrote this poem..Was at office without work and instantly thinking about my weekend with a friend of mine and i just let m thoughts flow and result it this funny poem....I am glad that you liked it....Thank u so much...:)
ReplyDelete